Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pumpkin Cake Dessert

I got this recipe from my MIL when I first met PBTB. I like to make it every fall and serve it with vanilla ice cream. It's so, so easy. I didn't have a pic, so that's not really what it looks like, but who can tell with all that ice cream?
1 Med Can Pumpkin

2 Lg Eggs

1 C Sugar

1 Tsp Salt

1/2 Tsp Ginger

1 Tsp. Cinnamon

1 1/2 C Milk

1 White Cake Mix

3/4 C Chopped Nuts (I use pecans)

1 Sq Margarine/Butter (melted)


Beat eggs slightly, add sugar, salt and spices,mix well, add pumpkin and milk alternately, pour into greased 9x13 glass pan.

Mix cake mix and nuts together, breaking up lumps in cake mix. Sprinkle over top of pumpkin mixture.

Pour melted butter/margarine over top of cake mix.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min or until knife comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.

2 comments:

Anna said...

i think i've had this before, and if it's what i think it is, it is *so* yummy!

Amanda said...

Brady makes something similar, but we call it pumpkin squares.

I can't wait to try your rendition! YUM!