Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bacchus Socks

I usually try not to post about my knitting ventures. I am not sure how many readers are interested in the subject. But, this weather has me thinking about my next project. I am not a fan of knitting socks, kind of ironic with my sock fetish. It's the whole "knitting something I've already knit" that I don't like. When I saw this pattern in the latest Interweave Knits magazine. I couldn't help but fall in love. And the suggested yarn from Shibui is divine. I had the opportunity to meet the founder of Shibui over the weekend. I asked her what Shibui meant. She said "elegant with a touch of bitterness". I thought that highly appopritate for knitting, kinda like golf.

1 comment:

lindsay Roscoe said...

If you find a little extra time i would love a pair too. I do trades of all sorts my biggest is babysitting and money. I really love them they are perfect. How is the move? It must be a hard week for you. I love you guys and have been thinking of you often lately.