Monday, February 16, 2009

McCormick Spaghetti Sauce Mix


Another birthday tradition. Along with our Angel Food Cake, we always have spaghetti for birthday dinners in my family. Except, my little brother, he's requested steak the last few years. He's gone astray.

Anyhow, this is another department that I am a bit spoiled. In the sense that I refuse to buy marinara sauce in a jar at the grocery store or ordering it at pretty much any restaurant.
It's pretty basic, so you can add your own special touches (mushrooms (use fresh only), sausage, olives, whole canned tomatoes, etc.)
1 lb. ground beef
1 package McCormick Spaghetti Sauce mix (powder packet)
Other optional ingredients, mentioned above
worcestershire
red wine vinegar

parmesan cheese (use Kraft brand only, or fresh), (There are just some things that you just shouldn't buy generic)


Ingredients mentioned on packet, as follows
6 0z. can of tomato paste
2 1/4 C water
1 Tbsp. butter

1 8 oz dry spaghetti, I usually make more because I like leftovers

In a frying pan, brown 1 lb. of lean ground beef, season as desired
Follow directions on the McCormick powder packet
Add meat and other ingredients of your choice
Add worcestershire and red wine vinegar to taste
Prepare spaghetti noodles as listed on package.
Sprinkle parmesan on top.

1 comment:

crazy walter 7 said...

Sounds real good. We love spaghetti but love to try it a little different. Since I have never tasted this kind before I am not sure how much to add for taste. Could you give me a guess? Thanks!