Friday, March 13, 2009

Homemade Alfredo Sauce

Again with the store bought pasta sauce, I'm not a fan. I'm actually not a fan of Alfredo sauce in general, but I was thinking I would give it a whirl the other night. I ran into a slight problem, no heavy cream. Pretty much every Alfredo sauce recipe requires that. So I did a search for Alfredo alternatives and came up with my own recipe from a combination of others. This turned out so yummy, not too rich. Works great when you don't want to make a grocery run for heavy cream.

8 oz. cream cheese

1 C milk (I used whole milk)

3 Tb butter

1 tsp nutmeg

1 tsp garlic powder

2 Tb cooking wine or sherry

Salt & Pepper to taste


Heat cream cheese, milk and butter over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add remaining ingredients anytime.

No comments: