Friday, June 27, 2008

Tooele Arts Festival

My hometown Arts Festival starts today and goes through Sunday. For me, it has close ties because my Mom helped get it running with her friend Celia Lauve, back in 1985. She was also the Director for 3 years after Celia moved back to Louisiana. It has changed dramatically over the years, but I never miss it. Sometimes it's a struggle to find some noteworthy new art, but the food is always good. My Dad used to be over the entertainment and I have to say, it used to be better when he did it. But, as I said I never miss it.

3 comments:

The Yarn Queen said...

Thank you DD, the King and I had the same sentiments just goes to show great minds think alike.

lindsay Roscoe said...

I remember when we used to come I developed a HUGE crush on a boy named DJ. I don't remember his last name but I pretty much used to stalk him. I was like 10 maybe you remember. We had a blast we would always get a rubber band gun and sometimes a push duck. Oh how I remember the days.

Unknown said...

The Arts Festival brings back such great memories. I still have an awesome barbie bed that I got there...I think you got one in purple!